[SBE] Pay scale

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Wed Oct 14 10:44:02 EDT 2009

Broadcast Engineering magazine does an annual salary survey and you can get
the industry ranges and averages from that. if you get more than minimum
wage, a cot behind the transmitter and a 79 VW minibus that leaks oil and is
out of gas, consider yourself lucky. If you are salaried you'll likely work
so many hours you will earn less than minimum wage. Top jobs in top markets
pay 6 figures, but beneifts have been reduced over the decades. You can
always tell when its going to be bad news because teh boss says, "our staff is
the best we've ever had. But we're going to have to cut jobs, eliminate
401k contributions, and you'll pay for your own health insurance, have a nice
day."

Henry

Henry