[SBE] IR vs HotAir BGA rework stn?

Gary O'Guinn garyo at ktuu.com
Fri Oct 16 12:56:39 EDT 2009

Hi:

Techni-Tool sells the Pace brand of solder re-work stations. Our station
has owned a 3 channel one (model PPS-85A) for several years. Can't live
without it! You can purchase all kinds of tips for removing / soldering
various components (from multi-pin flat-pack ICs to surface mount
components). It also has safety features which will cut the temperature
back, to a user defined level, in the event that the system is left on,
but unattended. And also has an auto off feature. Nice feature to
prevent someone from burning the shop down. [I sound like a salesman.]
However you do pay a price for the features.

Go here to take a look at them:
http://www.techni-tool.com

Gary O'Guinn
KTUU-TV