[SBE] Mic Boom Arm Help - Rountable Quesions

Dan Slentz dan_slentz at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 20:27:32 EST 2010

Thanks, Cowboy!   I've always used O.C. White in the past, but thought Heil Mics might make a decent boom (based on the fact that their mics aren't too bad for the money).

On a side note, on my old O.C. White arms, I'd pull off the spring and wrap plastic wire-wrap around it (the coiled stuff) which killed about 95% of the "spring reverb".  The LPB mic booms weren't bad (they covered the spring with black fuzz), but the fuzz black stuff eventually flaked all over the place.

Thanks for the feedback!   Appreciate your thoughts.
Dan