[SBE] Mic Boom Arm Help - Rountable Quesions

Kent Kramer kentkramer at att.net
Sat Mar 13 00:48:58 EST 2010

Hey Dan…

For what it’s worth, I’ve got about a dozen of the Heil arms on Heil mics that have been in light use for slightly over three years and only one broken boom. Heil replaced it no charge. Granted it’s light duty for a nationally syndicated morning show but they’re as tight now as the day we took them out of the box. My only complaint has been the plastic strip that covers the mic cable tends to come loose if someone twists the mic the wrong way and it draws the mic cable up tight around the base. A little electrical tape holds the strip in…and of course not turning the boom more than 360 degrees.

I’ve also had OC White booms that fell apart on me...they may be the most popular but they still break too in my opinion.

Sincerely,

Kent Kramer

Director of Engineering

Reach Media