[SBE] mixed aspect ratio workflow

Tony Mancari TMancari at wvpt.net
Wed Jan 18 13:13:54 EST 2012

David,

AFD is the ticket. You insert it at your end for each frame of video you
feed. The receiver on the other end then decodes the AFD code in DTVs
and STBs which forces it to display correctly. All the major networks
are using this in conjunction will all the cable systems.

Works well, last long time.

Regards,

Tony

Tony Mancari - CBT, Society of Broadcast Engineers

WVPT Public TV

540.437.2451

tmancari at wvpt.net