[Techtoolslist] Cheap DIY Fluke Pod Connector Saver idea.

Clay Cowgill c.cowgill at comcast.net
Mon Jan 19 00:02:34 EST 2015

[John Robertson]
>I just use a simple double wipe 40 pin IC socket as a 'sacrifice' pin
header - works a treat,
> and protects the pod UUT plug very well...

I do that too-- I actually plug one double wipe socket in to the pod header,
then plug that in to a tall 40 pin wire-wrap socket, then plug the wire-wrap
socket in to another double wipe socket.  I have 20-pin 0.1" headers
soldered on to the wire-wrap socket pins at a 90 degree angle so that I can
hook on logic-analyzer probes or a multimeter or scope and keep the 9010 pod
in circuit easily.

-Clay