[Town Meeting] Note on using PDF

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at animato.arlington.ma.us
Thu Apr 13 22:54:42 EDT 2006

When at all possible, please consider using PDF for documents
you send to the list.  Using that format means the greatest number
of people will be able to read your document -- not just those with
Word, etc.

Along the lines of that, there's an free, open source PDF virtual
printer driver for Windows called PDFCreator (its home page is off of
Sourceforge, I believe).  The idea is that when you install it, it'll
create a new printer entry in the Printing & Faxes control panel.
To all your software it looks like another regular Windows printer,
but when you print to it, it creates a PDF of whatever it is you're
printing and saves it in a file.  Its an easy, free way to make a
PDF from virtually anything.  As for Mac users, I believe the Mac
can natively "print" a document to a PDF file.

And of course, if you have your own website, you certainly can
put the document on the site and send email to this list with
a link to it rather than attaching the document, if you prefer
to go that route.

Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr at animato.arlington.ma.us