[Town Meeting] Announcement - Collection Day - Eco-Fest and more...

Gordon Jamieson jamiesga at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 08:46:03 EDT 2010

While we will have handouts and will make a quick announcement for the benefit of cable viewers at home on Wed April 30th wanted to send this information along early to the membership...

Note in particular that for a limited time discounted compost bins and rain barrels are/will be available (online or at EcoFest)...

Spring is here and with that comes not only the beginning of town meeting but a host of environmental and sustainable activities.

SATURDAY MAY 01, 2010

09:00 am - 01:00pm - Community Collection Day (DPW Yard)
Saturday May 1 is the Spring Community Collection Day at the Arlington DPW Yard at 51 Grove St. Rain or shine.

Residents can drop off a variety of home items to be recycled including TV/CRTs ($10 per unit), bikes, books, clean clothes, old sneakers, confidential paper shredding (2 boxes per household), returnable bottles/cans, propane tanks (20lb limit), old prescriptions and sharps, and more.

http://www.arlingtonma.gov/Public_Documents/ArlingtonMA_DPW/Recycle/news/0154D8A3-000F8513

01:00 pm - 4:00pm - Menotomy Rocks Earth Day Celebration (Jason Street)
Family-oriented events: pond and wetland projects, rockets, art, stories, games, planting a butterfly garden, birding, composting, energy, and atmospheric educational activities, plus a bake sale. Jason St., Arlington

01:00pm - 04:00 pm - Friends of Spy Pond Work Day (Playground)
Help make the park as beautiful as it can be, and help ensure its healthy ecosystem. Meet at the Playground. Tools available. Even 15 minutes of your time are helpful. Teens earn service credits.

SUNDAY MAY 02, 2010

Starting at 09:00am - Robbins Farm Spring Clean-up and Kite Day (Robbins Farm)
Bring your trowels, rakes, leaf rakes, shovels and pruning shears and meet your neighbors at the Park! While we're there we'll celebrate the crocus, daffodils and tulips that we planted at Robbins Farm Park last fall! Bring your kites as well and hope for good wind at one of the area's best kite-flying locations.

11:00am - 03:00pm - Eco-Fest (Town Hall)
Get Green Ideas at EcoFest May 2 - Attend the 2nd annual EcoFest at Town Hall Auditorium, on Sunday, May 2nd - Share eco-friendly ideas, network with groups involved in sustainable actions, meet landscapers, learn about composting and new "green" ideas. Don Bishop will give a talk on Organic Gardening and Landscaping at noon and Margot Fox will perform a family concert at 1:30 p.m. There will be afternoon info sessions on native plants, invasives, and organics

---- Discounted composters and rain barrels are available now (online) and at the event ----

EcoFest is free. Please read additional event information and discount details at http://www.arlingtonma.gov/Public_Documents/ArlingtonMA_DPW/Recycle/Ecofest/index

---end-of-file---