[Town Meeting] Resignation as list admin in protest

John D. Leone, Moderator jdlmoderator at gmail.com
Thu May 17 09:56:37 EDT 2012

Dear Mr. Carreiro: I thank you for your Moderation of the list, as well as
the time and effort that you have put into it these past several years. I
fully understand your reasons for turning in the keys.

This is one the unfortunate and unforeseen consequences of so called
Resolutions, be they binding or nonbinding, and the desire of certain
groups to use the Town Meeting to advance an agenda. I do not believe Town
Meeting has the right to speak for the entire citizenship of Arlington on
social conscience issues.

I am sorry to see you go.

John D. Leone